Vegan + Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin (or Craisin) Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisins or craisins, packed
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins or craisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and is a gooey consistency.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in raisins (or craisins) and oats. The dough will be sticky.
- Take a 2tbsp scoop of cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies slightly - they will not spread during baking. This is when you could press extra raisins or craisins into the dough.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then with a flat spatula carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.