Tomato Basil Egg Muffins
INGREDIENTS for 24 muffins:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- good handful of fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 scallions (green onion)
- 6 whole eggs + 4 cups of egg whites
- Chop up all of your veggies! Then mix them together in a large bowl. Next, whisk your whole eggs and egg whites together in another bowl.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake holders and spray with coconut oil spray. If you don’t have liners, you can directly spray oil onto the tin. Then fill your cups with about a tablespoon of egg mixture.
- Next fill the rest of the cup up with veggies! Then fill to the top with the rest of your eggs. You can pretty much fill to the brim.
- Pop them into the oven at 375F for about 20-30 min or until you see that they are firm on top.
- Simply peel the egg muffins out of your liners and serve with some salsa. Super yummy!
These freeze perfectly, and are super convenient to take on the go for breakfast or a mid-morning snack! Each muffins contains 44.2 cals, 1.4g fat, 1.3g carbs, + 6g protein.