Watermelon Fruit Popsicles
Homemade fruit popsicles are a cool treat for you and your family. That’s because fruit has nutrients that are important for health: fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which have antioxidants and phytonutrients. They’re a great alternative to the commercially processed, high-sugar popsicles found at the store.
Try this recipe from our favourite Holistic Medical Institute - Sanoviv. All you need is some fruit, a blender, and popsicle molds. Try the recipe below or better yet, let your imagination go wild with your own combination. Just fill the popsicle molds with different fruits and add fresh squeezed juice or coconut milk.
- 3 cups watermelon puree (remove seeds or use seedless)
- ½ cup fresh organic blueberries
- ½ cup fresh organic strawberries, chopped
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 organic peach, diced
- 1 small handful fresh raspberries
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and puree it in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill the popsicle molds with the chopped fresh fruit. Use a piece of kiwi in each one.
- Pour the watermelon puree into each mold until they are full.
- Place a popsicle stick into each one (unless you are using a full popsicle mold, which may have sticks built into the top).
- Place in the freezer and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.