Stuffed Peppers + Avocado Salad
THESE STUFFED PEPPERS TASTE AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK.
- 3 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup cooked wild or brown rice (or quinoa)
- ½ cup pine nuts
Directions: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut peppers in half (lengthwise) and scoop out the center. In a large skillet, soften the onion with a pinch of salt and the oil for 3-5 minutes over low heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and all spices. Stir well for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Pack the mixture in the pepper halves and place in a baking dish that is coated in coconut oil or butter. Pour hot water in the bottom of the dish (just enough to cover the bottom). Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Makes six servings.
THIS REFRESHING AVOCADO SALAD PAIRS NICELY WITH THE STUFFED PEPPERS.
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1 cup jicama, cubed
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
Directions: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add the avocado last.
Makes four servings.
Source: What's Up, USANA?