Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate or carob chips
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (rinse and drain, if using canned)
- 4 eggs or equivalent egg white substitute
- 2/3 cup ultra-fine cane sugar or low-glycemic equivalent, such as Stevia for Baking
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs Chocolate Nutrimeal
- 1/2 Tbs Fibergy Plus
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or preferred fruit
- (optional) 1 Tbs confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave on medium, stirring frequently.
- Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine bean mash, sugar, baking powder, Nutrimeal and Fibergy Plus; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; cover with desired fruit and dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired, just before serving.
Source: What's Up, USANA?