Garden Vegetable Soup
This recipe is unbelievably simple and lets the produce speak for itself.
Of course, like every good soup recipe, the ingredients are really just suggestions. Substitute, add and subtract to your heart’s content. This version is vegan, but if you’re a meat-eater, switch out the vegetable stock for chicken broth or add in some sausage.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. chopped leeks (white part only)
- 2 c. carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 2 c. peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 c. fresh green beans, broken into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 4 c. peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. packed, chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil. Add in the chopped leeks and a pinch of salt. Sweat for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in carrots, potatoes and green beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetable broth and increase the heat to high to bring to a simmer. Add in tomatoes, corn and pepper then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley and lemon juice. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Source: What's Up, USANA?