Chocolate Protein Pancakes
or as long as most of us can remember, we’ve been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps get your metabolism going, is linked to improved concentration and gives you that extra burst of energy you need to get your day going.
Whether you’re a cook-at-home or grab-on-the-go type of breakfast person, it’s easy to get stuck eating the same thing every day. If you’re looking for a new idea, check out this recipe that Canadian pro hockey player, Natalie Spooner, starts her day with.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 scoop Dutch Chocolate Nutrimeal™
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 a banana
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- add the banana to a blender and blend on low until broken down (not completely smooth).
- add the egg, Nutrimeal, and spice and blend on low until smooth.
- heat a frying pan over medium-low.
- melt coconut oil in your pan, and then add 1/4 cup of the batter.
- when the pancake starts to bubble (about 30 seconds) flip over.
- repeat with the rest of the batter.
- top with strawberries and yogurt, or almond butter and maple syrup
Source: What's Up USANA