Tomato, Chickpea + Spinach Salad
The perfect summer salad - refreshing, spicy and full of flavor. This chickpea, tomatoes and spinach salad is super easy and quick and makes a great healthy lunch, dinner or side dish.
- 2 cups / 400g cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, medium, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbps balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- optional: ½ jalepeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Clean and chop all vegetables, except baby spinach leaves.
- In a big mixing bowl toss chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, onions, pepper, parsley. Sprinkle sesame seeds, flax seeds. Add olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and mix everything well.
- Add salt to taste (depends on the salt content of chickpeas).
This is a big salad you can share with your family, friends or just keep everything to yourself!
Source: Beauty Bites