Beauty Tip: Get that Booty Movin' for Maximum Babeness
We're approaching the Summer season, making now the perfect opportunity to carpe diem and start getting into tip-top shape for bathing suit + shorts season! It’s no secret that exercise “does a body good.” But did you know that working out can do your “beauty” good as well? According to a fantastic article on Livestrong, exercise can have an amazing effect on your overall attractiveness.
Here’s a breakdown of the 5 major takeaways from their findings:
- Healthy is beautiful. This is one trait we can all agree on: Healthy people are beautiful. According to the article, “moderate exercise contributes to a youthful (read: more attractive) appearance.” So get your booty moving, ladies!
- Sweating is good for your skin (and your hair)! Since sweat is released through your pores, it cleans out the dirt and oils that were trapped inside of them. Who knew? Additionally, perspiration also contains a “natural antibiotic” that helps fight acne—however, you need to rinse your entire body right after you workout to reap these skin-clearing benefits (or else your pores will get extra clogged). As for your tresses, increased blood circulation to your scalp from working out can promote growth. Sweet!
- Increased circulation = improved skin tone. Improved circulation “floods our skin with oxygen and nutrient-rich blood cells.” This results in a prettier, clearer complexion. In layman’s terms, it’s like a post-workout glow.
- Reduced bloat and puffiness. Now this is never a bad thing: When you workout you get your lymphatic system flowing, which “can help to reduce water retention in our bodies and improve under eye puffiness and dark circles.” Bye-bye puffy eyes!
- Exercise wards off wrinkles. Based on a recent study, “prolonged exercise stimulates collagen and elastin production and improved skin thickness.” Enough said!
Beyond the above benefits of hitting the gym, working out boosts your mood and your confidence - both of which define beauty in our book.
What are some of your go-to beauty boosting exercises? Share in the comments below! Bonus points if you share your fave workout song!